Monday, February 1, 2010

Shocking Monday

Well today, that little man of mine, surprised the snot out of me. Mom and I went up to our normal place to get our nails done. The technicians in there are cool with my kids going in there since they don't cause havoc in the place. Maybe the occasional crumb but I always offer to vaccuum. Anyway, there was another little boy in there that Christian, being the social butterfly that he is, took to immediately. They played and played. Grace got on the floor and started climbing all over the furniture and exploring. The little boy went over to Grace on the floor and got in her face and did this little yelling thing. She was taken aback but just kept looking at him. He did it again. Well this time, my little princess was not happy. He scared the stew out of her and she went to crying. Mom went over there and grabbed her up (she was done, I was still getting nails done). Christian went over to check on her and when mom told him that the little boy scared Grace but she was okay, he looked at that boy and stomped his foot (!), pointed in the opposite direction of Grace and yelled at him "GO AWAY!!! You scared MY Grace!!! GO AWAY!!!" (can you invision this now??) All mom and I could do is stare in shock with mouths gaping open staring at this newfound defender Grace had produced. Where did THAT come from?? WOW!!! I called Christian over to me and told him that I was extremely proud of him for taking up for Grace but he was being rude by yelling at someone like that. I continued to express my proudness of him though. I mean, seriously, when it's all said and done I don't care that he was rude to this little boy who scared my baby. I did want it to be a learning lession with Christian but at the same time I want him to take up for Grace when she needs taking up for. What a great big brother he is!!!!!!!! He has never done this before and I am in utter shock, awe, disbelief and beaming with PRIDE!!! He does my heart proud.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, my little grandson is growing up!! Good for him for taking up for his 'lil sister....his heart is of gold....

    ReplyDelete