Monday, February 1, 2010

Winter Storm 2010


Our winter storm 2010 was suppose to be this big ice storm like we had a couple of years ago. The weatherman called for lots of ice, some snow mixed with sleet and it was suppose to be this way the entire weekend. HA! In the picture, if you look close enough you can see the ice in the trees. It was a very pretty sight. But people went overboard! Friday night Walmart was PACKED with people. A friend of mine said that she had to park all the way out by the gas pumps. Then when she did get inside (she is braver than I because I would have just left after seeing the parking lot) she said she walked by the bread isle and it was EMPTY!! Seriously people?? Did you really think Florence was going to get snowed and iced in for weeks???????? C'mon!!!! I really wouldn't be surprised to hear people filling their tub up with water.....don't get me wrong, I'm all about stocking up and preparing for a storm, but we are talking about Florence and frankly, we just don't get that bad of winter storms!! Our roads were not even frozen over. People were still going about their own business. I, however, stayed inside. Not because of the ice and rain, but because my blood runs thin and I like to stay WARM!!!! It was a very pretty site though to see the ice glistening in the sun. We are suppose to have some pretty cold nights this week though, with tonight (Sunday) being the coldest with 18 degrees. Needless to say, the pups are inside nice and toasty! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment