Friday, February 12, 2010

The past week

WHEW!!! What a week it has been!!! Grace has been throwing up everyday and has diaherra. The virus that has been going around has landed here. I blame Jason. HA! I'm going to start making him Lysol himself before coming inside. LOL In all honestly, I don't know who the culprit for this one is but let me tell ya, it's no fun. For the past two nights she has woken up with puke all over her and in her crib. Jason and I have gotten up and had to change her sheets and her clothes. I took her to the doctor and he gave her Zofran (the same medicine I took when preggo with Christian) and told me to give her Immodium-AD. Not so much. At least the immodium. I just don't feel comfortable giving her that medicine even with doctors orders. So anyway. Tonight before bed I gave her a Zofran and so we shall see if she wakes up again with puke.
So, I'm not sure what day this is, much less the day this particular event(s) happened but the other day I was in the living room and I heard Christian in the kitchen plundering through my utensil drawers. I went in there and asked him what he was doing. he told me he was cooking eggs. Oh okay sure, I thought. I said okay! cool! I continued into the living room to change Grace's diaper and that's when I heard it. Eggs cracking!! Ut oh. I had forgot that I put the eggs on a lower shelf the night before to make room for leftovers from dinner.




Now, while I'm on my hands and knees cleaning up nasty, gooey, hard to clean with paper towels eggs off the floor, Grace decides it's the PERFECT time to upchuck her entire 8oz bottle on the floor behind me. Oh boy. Seriously? Okay, so I'm juggling the children at this point. Trying to keep Christian out of the eggs and Grace out of the puke. Wow. Eggs cleaned up, puke cleaned up. Sitting on the couch talking with mom, Christian comes in and asks for cake. I tell him that he has to wait for just a minute and I'll get him some. Next thing I know I hear a loud noise in the kitchen and Christian yells "Oh no! Sorry mama!!!" I walked in and what do I see? My birthday cake upside down on the kitchen floor. Yep! I didn't think to take a picture of that but now I wished I would have. These pictures would make the perfect scrapbook page about Calgon. I could be the walking ad for them by the time my day ends.


Ok so fast forward, um, I'd say, maybe an hour. Now keep in mind that Grace has been a cranky little poop head today. Not wanting me to put her down. So now looking back, maybe my poor little guy was screaming for attention. I hear more noise in the kitchen. Boy does he sure love the kitchen. I walk in there. My sweet boy was trying to make Grace a bottle. But instead of putting the water in the bottle, he puts the water in the can with the formula (brand new can just opened that morning might I add)


This day is followed by the two nights that Grace wakes up at 2 and 3am to puke. Poor baby. I hope she gets better soon. I hate seeing her this miserable.
I am happy to report though, that the next several days has not nearly been as stressful as what this particular day was. I think God knows I can only handle one of those types of days a week. Maybe less. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment