Thursday, February 4, 2010

Potty Training Camp: Day 1

Okay so, Jason and I went to sign Christian up for Montessori school Tueday night. He has to be accepted. We had to fill out an application. They pick students first that are zoned for the school, second by if they already have siblings in the school, third, I can't remember this one and then all the other entries basically go into a hat and they do a lottery type drawing. So I don't know what his chances are. Anyway, one of the rules were the child has to be potty trained fully, wiping own butt and everything by September. They will help with snaps and buttons but the child has to do everything else themselves. Talk about pressure!! So guess what we started today? YEP!! POTTY TRAINING!! I mean, c'mon, we only have 7 months to get this thing down pat!! He's gotta go to school!!! Besides, even if he don't get into this school he still has to be potty trained. He is 3 for goodness sake! It is time! The child can speak in Spanish but he can't use the potty? HA! I told him that if he was to peepee in the potty that he can have some M&M's and that Diego would call him on the phone! Boy was he excited! Did he peepee? Nope. Am I discouraged? Nope. I know it's the first day and it will come to him. One good thing is before when I tried to get him to sit on the potty he acted scared to death. Now when I say let's go potty he hops up and comes to the bathroom with me. No problems getting him in the bathroom. Just to make a kid pee is the hard part! :)
I told my best friend that I had started training and so she went and bought him a prize. She left it on the doorstep with a note from Diego. So when we got home from church, he had a prize from Diego saying good job on sitting on the potty all day today! Her note also include baby Jaguar (Diego's cheeta pet) saying the baby Jaguar knows that Christian can do it! HE WAS SO EXCITED! The nursery worker told me she thinks he went peepee because he was sitting there and his eyes got big. She asked him if he had peepeed and he told her yes. Everytime I ask him if he went peepee (throughout the day) he tells me no and he really hasn't. So maybe he did pee pee with the nursery worker. If that's the case, then he got a prize from Diego for pee peeing!!!!!!! Ahhhhh, the little things that excite parents. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment