Thursday, February 4, 2010

Potty Training Camp: Day 2


Day 2 of potty training did not go well. I decided that since a pullup is basically the same as a diaper in the eyes of my child and myself, that we would skip over to the "big boy" underwear. Oh boy. Jason started working on him to put his own underwear on and pull them up and down himself. Tonight, I was in the kitchen cooking dinner and Jason and Grace were in there talkin with me. Christian was on the potty and Jason had just got finished telling him to put his underwear on. Well when Christian walked into the kitchen he said "Is this right?" Of course Jason and I busted out laughing and I grabbed the camera. TOO CUTE!!! So I helped him put his undewear on correctly.

Christian is having a hard time with the concept of actually peeing IN the potty. I started taking him every 20 minutes or so, sometimes sooner, if he was drinking juice. We would sit on the potty for 20 sometimes 30 minutes, talking, reading books, counting, saying ABC's, whatever to pass the time. As soon as he would get up and I would put the big boys back on him, I swear it wasn't 5 minutes later he was peeing.


Jason got to witness this first hand tonight. After Jason had sat in the bathroom with him for 20 minutes, Christian came straight into the kitchen and while trying to get up on the bar stool he said "Look mama, daddy, I went pee pee!" There was a huge puddle on the stool. *Sigh* I tried telling him he HAS to tell me BEFORE he goes pee pee, not after. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day. Pray for us. We need it. Maybe more so I than him.

No comments:

Post a Comment