Wednesday, March 9, 2011

First Scrimmage

Our coach's wife called us Thursday evening after practice and told us that we need to be at the ball field at 9am Saturday morning. The team was going to be playing 2 games. After only 2 practices? I thought to myself. Well turns out it was just a scrimmage. One team didn't show up so our team decided to just play 1 game. Our game was then scheduled for 10. But this wasn't decided until we got there at 9. Goodness. But for only having 2 practices, our team played great!!!! They were knocking that ball way into the outfield and was somewhat running where they were suppose to!!
While we waited for our game to start I took the opportunity to get a couple of shots of Christian. This is not his final jersey. We of course still have to be fitted for ours but this jersey was one we had in his closet. Since the coach didn't tell us what to wear (color) we just choose this since it looked "baseball-ie"

Christian was cold during our wait so daddy handed over his jacket. :)

Pre-game talk! I tried to get Jason to be a coach for his team but he kept saying he wasn't a coach and didn't want to blah blah blah. Well guess what? After this game, he told me he wished he would have listened to me because he had a blast out there that day! HA! See honey, I was right. Anyway, since then he has tried to make it to practices and even got out on the field and filled in for a coach that was out. In the batter's circle waiting for his turn to bat.
He swings, he scores!
After every game, the teams line up and give high fives and say "good game, good game, good game" to every player. How sweet. And what a great way to learn good sportsmanship!!!
After the "good game" high five line, the coach does a small little pep talk, they all put their hands in and yell "GO TEAM" as they throw their hands up. I love it.
I never knew being a "baseball mom" was going to be this much fun. And the season hasn't even started yet!!!!! Better yet, it gives me a perfect reason to wear my jogging outfit with a baseball cap on on Saturday mornings!! "But all the moms are doing it!" :)


No comments:

Post a Comment