Monday, March 1, 2010

Swiper No swipping!

So there hasn't been to much going on here that was "blog worthy" so therefore I haven't. I could have blogged about how everyday brings on a new sickness, or the messes the kids make or how busy I stay but nobody wants to read stuff like that constantly. I know I don't. So just a quick update on the kids health is that even though the stomach virus is gone, in it's place is runny noses and coughs.

Kids say/do the darndest things don't they? Dora the Explorer is a favorite of Christian's. There is a little character on there named Swipper. He is a little sneaky fox. He is always trying to "swipe" things from Dora and her friend Boots. In order to stop him from doing so, when you see Swipper on the screen, you hold out your hand while saying "Swipper no swipping, swipper no swipping, Swiiiiippppppeeeerrrr nooooooo swiping!!!!" He says "Oh man!" and runs away. Sometimes he does indeed get the item he is after. When he does he says "hahaha you will not find it now!!" and runs away with it. Okay I say all that to say this. Christian is on a kick this month about being Swipper. He tells us no swipping all the time. It's the cutest thing. The other day I was on the computer. He came in the dining room where I was and he looked sneaky. So I said "swipper no swipping swipper no swipping, swipper nooooooo swipping!!" He says Oh man! and runs away. He comes back a couple of minutes later and I repeat the swiper words. That little booger ran up and grabbed my mouse and said "hahaha you won't find your mouse now!!!!" And went and threw it up on the counter!!! What a smarty!!!!! All I could do was laugh. He is amazing.

Grace loves Dora too. I think Diego is her favorite. The other day she and I were looking on the computer looking at birthday cakes for her 1st birthday. She caught site of a Dora cake, pointed to it and started ooooooohhhhhhing and ahhhhiiinng at it. I kid you not. She started bouncing up and down and making all kinds of noises including her famous "monkey face" she does! HA!! I chose to do butterflies and flowers for her 1st though. It's more girly and babyish. For her second birthday we will do Dora if she is still interested. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment