Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thanksgiving at our home

Yes, it's true. I've been called a dork quite a many times. Mostly by my husband. But it's ok. This dork has fun. And has lots of pictures to scrapbook. So yes, I may be a dork for taking pictures of our food but hey. I'm just trying to live up to my standard. Our menu was excellent! We had a dessert cheese ball (like my husband-get it? cheese ball? OK I probably can stop with the dorkness now huh?) It wasn't exactly a ball but it tasted the same. I decorated it with the crackers and made it look fancy. I normally don't like cheese balls but I have to say this one was really good!!! (Susan's recipe that we called her the night before for)
Another one of Susan's recipes that is my favorite. Cinnamon apples. Except I didn't let my apples cook long enough so they were still hard like an apple but it was ok. They were still good!!!

Here is my cheese ball cutting up the ham.

Our lavishing menu! We had sweet potato pie, corn on the cob, ham, turkey, rolls, cinnamon apples, green bean casserole, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, giblet gravy, dressing, banana bread (bought from the store) deviled eggs . A feast fit for a king!! (but I couldn't fit in my pants the next day)



After we ate, since it was a gorgeous day out, we went out to play. While the sun was up it was pleasant out. When it started getting dark is when it got a little chilly. I couldn't help this picture, It was the cutest dern thing I've seen. Grace and Cleo "talking"



Time to bring out the Christmas decorations!!!

Grace had to help too so she carried the cord. How very sweet of her to carry such a tough load!! :)


You know I'm a sucker for closeups.



Little Miss. Bonafide Country gal walking in her cousin Blake's boots.


Grace couldn't resist another minute with her eyes open. All that play time and good food and a pinch of Pa holding her, she was gone like a light.



Family, good food and good times. A moment to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment