Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Be careful what you pray for

You know what I'm talking about. People always saying "Be careful what you pray for! You may just get it!" For instance, you pray for patience, the good Lord going to give you every chance to practice it. Oh you want patience? Here you go.....practice it. The kids screaming, the husband is late, kids are making a mess....oh there goes Tea all over the floor. You asked for patience, you gotta practice it. God does have a sense of humor.

Anyway, this isn't about patience. Or is it? While I was pregnant with Grace, I prayed for a girly girl. Frills, pink, jewelry. What I didn't expect from this girly girl was the DIVA attitude to match!!! Boy oh boy is she a diva. SCREAMS just because she can and it gets mom and dad's attention. While dining in at the Cracker Barrel the other day, she screams so loud the whole place went silent for a second. Screams because she is mad at Christian, screams because she doesn't get her way, screams for no reason. Ear....piercing.....scream......

Oh yes, God certainly does have a sense of humor. But you know what? I'm glad that He gave me my screaming diva. I wouldn't want her any other way.







No comments:

Post a Comment