Sunday, October 31, 2010

My trip to the ER

Boy oh boy did my night not turn out like it was suppose to. I woke up on Saturday morning around 2am with my back in major pain. I couldn't get back to sleep until around 5ish. Well Saturday we had such a big day planned with the kids and I wasn't going to allow my back to screw it up. So we got dressed and headed to the festivals. (blogging about that later) By the time we started home (around 5) I was in pain. majorly. When we got home I took a hot bath with Epson salt to try to get it to stop hurting. Well it did but only while I was in the bath. When I got out I got on the heating pad. Didn't help. Poor Grace wanted me to rock her to sleep but I was in so much pain I couldn't even hold her in the chair to rock her. I was in tears. When I lost my dinner to my friend John, we decided to go to the ER. Well that was a crock of macaroni. We sat in there for 6 hours. My diagnosis when we left? Back pain. Really???? Wow didn't know my back was hurting! Thanks for fixing me you jack legs!
He sent me home with pain meds and muscle relaxers. He said that my blood looked fine and my urine looked fine. They were thinking that it may be an UTI but it wasn't. He also said that it may be my gall bladder b/c that sometimes sends pain to the tummy area too. But to determine that I needed an ultrasound which they don't do on nights and weekends. (I thought they were a hospital and had all that equipment ready on a moments notice? Oh yeah, we are talking McLeod here) So now I have to make a doctors appointment with a doctor that I don't have to have an ultrasound done. Oh yeah and the ER doctor said if my pain persist to come back to see him. Well I guess I'll be seeing you real soon doc!! Thanks for nothing!

Now, onto the episode of the evil nurse. That heifer comes in and starts telling me about the medications the doctor is sending me home with. I ask her if any of them come in liquid form or if they are pills I can chew. (nasty I know) She told me that I would have to ask the pharmacist and then asked me if I couldn't swallow pills. I told her no, I've never been able to. She said "Do you swallow food?" I of course said yes, knowing where this was going and already getting hot under the collar. She said then if you swallow food you can swallow pills. I looked at her and very slowly said No I cannot. I've been trying to take pills for 28 years. I cannot do it! She then proceeds to tell me that there are 2 and 3 year olds swallowing pills and that yes I can do it. I wanted to come off that bed and smack the you know what out of her. I looked at Jason and said are you hearing this??!!!??!!?? I then bit my tongue. I did NOT want to bit my tongue but I'm trying REALLY hard to control my anger issues. I did not want to end up in jail for smacking a pure IGNORANT bitc.......I mean, woman! Jason later said that he was thinking in his head, woman, if you know whats good for you you would then shut up! Seriously shut up! LOL

I just don't understand why you would argue with someone who had not only been in pain for a day and a half but then always sitting up in the ER for 6 hours, then come into their room telling them what they can and cannot do like she knows all about me. Oh let it roll off the shoulders, rolling off, rolling off........

So this morning I woke up, a little back pain but NOTHING like it was. A stiff neck from sleeping on a makeshift pillow that another sweet nurse made for me (since they were out of pillows) and a headache. None that can't be treated with a little Tylenol. And that's how I spent my Halloween morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment