Monday, April 26, 2010

Funny Stuff

Just a couple of funnies that has happened just today, I laid Grace down for a nap. Christian started asking to go outside. I told him that we had to wait for Grace to wake up from her nap. She usually naps about 2 or 3 hours and yes, I could have taken the monitor outside but I'm trying to buy an hour or two to clean up around the house. So anyway, I jump on the computer to check my inbox and take a peek at my favorite scrapbooking site (okay maybe I didn't want to clean, who can blame me?) Well I hear Christian go upstairs so I race up after him. He is laying in my bed and said he wanted to watch TV. Cool I thought. Maybe he would take a nap too. FAT CHANCE HOMEY!!!! Next thing I know, Grace is crying uncontrollably and Christian is talking to her. I walk into Grace's room to find Christian IN the crib with her and he looked at me and said, "NOW can we go outside?" That RASCAL went and woke Grace up to go outside. Now keep in mind, she has only been asleep for about 30 minutes at this point. So I scold Christian telling him to go sit on the couch and don't move. I'm trying to rock Grace back to sleep and I hear Christian up at the front door trying to unlock the door!!! So he got a spanking and Grace never went back to sleep. I finally was able to lay her down a couple of hours later (where she is now while I write this) so we will see how long she is able to sleep. WHEW!!!

While we were outside (since she never went to sleep, no sense in staying indoors) we were swinging in the hammock. Christian said he wanted to rock Grace so I put her on his lap. I had my arms around him and her, holding her on his lap. Christian had his arms around her too. I told him he was such a sweet boy. He said "No, I'm her big brother and she's my sister" It was like he was saying he is the big brother and suppose to do this for her. So sweet. Grace loves Christian and Christian loves Grace and I LOVE to watch this interaction between them everyday. It is the greatest thing. Makes all the other stuff (him waking her up as above) worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment