Thursday, April 8, 2010

Can I pee on you?

As I write this out today, we are in the middle of potty training.....again. The first time, Christian got sick with diarrhea and we had to quit. The second time, same thing. Poor child is going to think every time I get him to sit on the potty he will eventually get sick. So here we are again. Third times a charm right? He is sitting beside me playing with Reese Pieces candy buck nude. Yep, we tried pull ups, tried "big boy underwear" now lets try just nude. That's how we are born, that's how God intended us to be, maybe just maybe that's how God potty trained Adam!! Before the Fall anyway. (I'm joking) Anyway. Christian had said something about wanting to pee outside. Sure! If it works, then lets try it. So we head outside and he sits on the front steps. I ask him if he wants to pee on the yellow flower. "no" I ask him is he wants to pee on the grass. "no" Then out of the mouth of this babe he says, "Mom can I pee on you?" OK, I know I said before I was willing to try anything but here I draw the line!!

He is getting better about the whole thing though. When we first started he would just pee and keep going about his business. Now when he pees he comes yelling at me that he peed and he has to go sit on the potty. We read a book every time he sits on the potty about potty training. In the book the little boy said that he doesn't like to be wet or dirty and that it feels yucky. So Christian tells me that he feels yucky. That is a start.

I took the necessary paper work up to the school house to get his spot in 3K reserved. He has to go through a screening process and for that he is scheduled for May 7 at noon. I have no idea what the screening process is. We are just going to show up for it. Most likely it is to see how much the child knows so they know what they are going to be dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment